Photograph by Marie-Andrée Perron (2016).
Blacksmith Alexandre Moreau rented this house out to the first Governor General of Canada, Sir Charles S. Monk, around 1867. At the end of his mandate in spring 1868, Monk returned to his property in Ireland. However, his time in this home marked the beginning of a new tradition of hospitality for the Moreau house. Soon, other summer people were also renting it. Today this treasure belongs to the Gombay family who has carefully preserved it for over 80 years.